You may wonder why you would switch to a natural solution for something as minor as removing nail polish. Your skin is your biggest organ and since it’s porous it has the ability to absorb anything you put on it. That includes nail polish remover.
Why is nail polish remover bad?
When you open a bottle of nail polish remover, the smell will hit you like a ton of bricks. It’s probably the smell of acetone. Nail polish removers are made up mainly of a solvent that is needed to dissolve the resins in polish such as :
- methyl acetate
- methyl ethyl ketone
Does that sound natural to you? It sure does not to me. These chemicals have numerous other uses; you can find them in paint thinners, glue, dry-erase markers, and nail polish.
“Phthalates, solvents for colors, are toxic to the nervous system; acetone and toluene, which keep the color in liquid form, evaporate quickly and fill the air with noxious fumes, putting your respiratory system at risk. The other substance we fingered, benzophenones, may cause cancer” (source)
What else makes it unsafe?
Besides the fact that your skin is absorbing toxic chemicals, it’s also not safe to have it laying around. If a child accidentally ingests it, or a pet licks a few spilled drops of the floor or chews open a bottle, you have a problem on your hands.
Why not ditch the toxic stuff and switch to an all-natural nail polish remover?
The natural alternative
Believe it or not, there is a very simple, non-toxic, all-natural solution for this: Lemongrass essential oil.
Put a few drops on a cotton ball and press it against your nail for about 10 seconds and wipe off the polish. It’s that easy and it doesn’t smell like a toxic pit. You use it exactly as you would regular nail polish remover, but you’ll smell amazing afterward.
Plus you’ll be getting some amazing health benefits of using the Lemongrass essential oil as a natural nail polish remover
- The citral and limonene content in lemongrass oil can kill or stifle the growth of bacteria and fungi. This will help with any sort of fungal toenail issues.
- Lemongrass can reduce headaches (unlike conventional nail polish remover that gives a lot of people a headache, to begin with)
- Boosts your immune system.
No reason not to switch! One 15 ml bottle of Lemongrass will last you a long time since you only need a few drops. Ready to switch and ditch?
Come hang out with me and get your oil education on! On our Facebook page and Instagram, we not only show you how to use your essential oils and what to use them for, but we also have roller blends, diffuser recipes, tips and tricks and a whole lot of other stuff! Come say hi!
And while it’s still FREE FIFTY FREE for a limited time, you definitely want to get exclusive lifetime access to our Essential Oil Resource Library!Yes! I want access to your FREE Essential Oil Resource Library!