Even good boys and girls make mistakes! When your four-legged friend misses the piddle-pad or the litter box, it’s no fun for anyone. Don’t dismay! With this DIY pet stain remover, you and your furry pals will be cuddling odor-free in no time.
Pet Stain and Odor Remover Recipe
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 15 drops Lemon essential oil
- 5 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops Purify essential oil blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups baking soda (optional, for tough or already-dried stains)
If you keep this DIY remover in a spray bottle, make sure it’s a glass one!
If your dog buddy very recently left a puddle on the living room carpet, use these instructions for removing fresh stains:
1. Add the essential oils to the salt and mix well.
2. In a spray bottle, combine the salt mixture, apple cider vinegar, and water. Mix thoroughly until salt has dissolved.
3. Blot the “accident” to remove excess moisture.
4. Shake the bottle, then spray the stained area generously until wet.
5. Let sit for 10–15 minutes.
6. Using an old towel or rag, soak up the mixture by blotting until moisture is removed. Do not apply heat to aid in the drying process, as it can cause unwanted odors and stains to set permanently.
When you find an older, smellier, set-in stain, use the instructions above to make the DIY pet odor eliminator and then:
1. Spray the area generously until wet.
2. Sprinkle baking soda over the stain and leave for 24 hours or until dry. The baking soda will absorb the stain during this time.
Once dry, scoop up as much baking soda as possible and discard, then vacuum thoroughly to remove any remaining powder.
Want more DIY recipes?
Come hang out with me and get your oil education on! On our Facebook page and Instagram, we not only show you how to use your essential oils and what to use them for, but we also have roller blends, diffuser recipes, tips and tricks and a whole lot of other stuff! Come say hi!
And while it’s still FREE FIFTY FREE for a limited time, you definitely want to get exclusive lifetime access to our Essential Oil Resource Library!Yes! I want access to your FREE Essential Oil Resource Library!