You have your essential oils, now what?
Daily uses of your essential oils – Most of us are super excited when our new essential oils arrive. We happily unpack them, put them neatly on a shelf and rave about the amazing scents. And then they stand there, and you don’t really know what to do with them. Sounds familiar?
No worries! I got your back! This article is all about the daily uses of your essential oils to get you started! I used the top 10 most popular essential oils, that besides the Digest Zen, are all included in our Healthy Start kit. This is the most popular way to get you started on your essential oil journey, but more about that later.
Let’s get you started with 55 daily uses for your essential oils!
Daily uses for Protective Blend
This is our powerful proprietary blend that supports healthy immune function when used internally and contains cleansing properties.
- Immune Support – Put 1 drop in a veggie cap and take daily
- Healthy Gums – Put 1 drop in water and use as a mouth wash
- Air Purifier – 16 oz glass bottle, 15 drops of Protective Blend and fill with water, shake and spray
- Cleaning – 16 oz glass bottle, 25 drops of Protective Blend, shake and use as a countertop cleaner
Daily uses for Frankincense
Often called the “king of oils,” topical and internal uses of Frankincense provide modern health benefits.
- Healthy Skin – Add 1 drop to your daily moisturizer
- Grounding – Put 3 drops in your diffuser or rub a drop under your big toe for a relaxing, balancing and grounding feeling.
- Anti-Aging – Add 1 drop of Frankincense to your night creme before bedtime
- Cellular & Immune Support – Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule daily
Daily uses for Lemon
The cleansing, purifying, and invigorating properties of Lemon make it one of the most versatile oils, not to mention the top-selling essential oil that we offer
- Degreaser – Put a few drops on anything that needs degreasing such as countertops, stove or oven.
- Detoxifying – Put 1 drop in water, shake vigorously and drink
- Stain Remover – Rub lemon essential oil over the stain and immediately put in the washer.
- Uplifting – Put 3-4 drops in your diffuser or put 20 drops in 16 oz of water, shake and spray for an uplifting room spray.
- Weight Loss – Take 1-2 drops in a veggie cap daily, or add to juice or smoothie
Daily uses for Tea Tree (Melaleuca)
Tea Tree oil is best known for its purifying qualities, which make it useful for cleansing the skin, home surfaces, and purifying the air.
- Immunity – Take 2 drops in a veggie cap daily
- Skin Cleanser – Add 1 drop to your facial cleanser or apply with 2-3 drops Fractionated Coconut Oil after shaving.
- Air Purifying – Add 2-3 drops to any diffuser blend or spray to purify the air.
- Blemish Buster – Add 1-2 drops to your daily moisturizer or mix 1 drop with 2 drops fractionated coconut oil and apply to the skin.
Daily uses for Oregano
Known as a popular cooking spice, Oregano also acts as a powerful cleansing agent, and offers powerful antioxidants, extending its uses far beyond the kitchen.
- Immunity – Put 1 drop in a veggie cap and take daily
- Add 1 toothpick to spaghetti or salad
Daily uses for Respiratory Blend
A popular essential oil blend, our Respiratory Blend refreshing aroma can be used to create feelings of clear, easy breathing.
- Respiratory Support – Put 3-4 drops in your diffuser or put one drop in your hands, rub together and cup over the nose and inhale deeply for open airways.
- Uplifting – Put 3-4 drops in your diffuser for uplifting feelings
- Grounding – Put a drop under your big toe for balanced and grounding feelings
- Before Exercise – Put 1 drop in your hands, rub together and cup over your nose and mouth and inhale deeply so the airways are fully open before you start an exercise
Daily uses for Digestive Blend
The Digestive blend is a wonderful companion to aid in the digestion of food, soothe occasional upset stomachs, and reduce uncomfortable gas when used internally
- Digestion – Take 1-2 drops in a veggie cap when needed for digestive discomfort
- Open Airways – Rub one drop over the bridge of your nose for sinus problems (if you like licorice you’ll love this!)
- Gut Function – Take 1-2 drops in a veggie cap daily
- Motion Sickness – Rub 1 drop with a drop of carrier oil over the stomach or hold the bottle under the nose and inhale
Daily uses for Peppermint
The high menthol content of the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil sets it apart from others when it comes to quality—making it one of the best-selling favorites among essential oils.
- Focus – Put 2-3 drops in the diffuser for better focus
- Digestion – Put 1-2 drops in a veggie cap daily for healthy digestion
- Headaches – Rub 1 drop mixed with 2 drops carrier oil over the forehead (watch the eyes!) temples and at the base of the skull
- Curb Cravings – Put 1 drop in a veggie cap and take with a glass of water or put one drop in water, juice or smoothie to curb cravings
- Baking – Use about one-fourth the amount of extract the recipe calls for when you use peppermint oil for cooking or baking. For example, if the recipe asks for 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract, just use 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint oil.
- Fresh Breath – Add 1 drop to a cup of water and use as a mouthwash
Daily uses for Soothing Blend
Formulated to soothe and cool, our soothing blend is an enriched blend of oils perfect for a massage after a long day or an intense workout.
- Pre Workout – Combine with a carrier oil to loosen up the muscles before a workout
- Massage – Add 1-2 drops to a carrier oil for a super soothing massage
- Sore Muscles – Mix 1-2 drops with a carrier oil and apply in the muscle soreness area
- Head and Neck Ache – Add 1-2 drops with a carrier oil and apply over the forehead (watch the eyes!) temples, and in the neck for pain relief.
Daily uses for Lavender
Lavender is often considered a must-have oil to keep on hand at all times due to its versatile uses, including calming and relaxing properties that promote peaceful sleep and ease feelings of tension when used internally.
- Allergies – Put 2-3 drops in your diffuser for allergy relief
- Skin Support – Add 1 drop to your daily moisturizer for glowing skin
- Relaxing – Add 3 drops in your bathtub with a cup of Epsom salt for a relaxing bath
- Tension – Apply 2-3 drops mixed with a carrier oil to the bottoms of the feet to get rid of tension
- Sleep – Put 3-4 drops in the diffuser at night and put 1 drop on each side of your pillow and 1 drop under your big toes.
- Eye Lashes – Put 1 drop in your mascara roller and mix well for longer eyelashes
Get started with Essential Oils today!
Our Healthy Start Kit is by far the most popular way to get started on your essential oil journey. It contains all the oils covered in this post PLUS a diffuser!
Not only do you save almost $55 when you get this kit, you also get a FREE year-long membership which includes an essential oil book, 25% off of everything you buy for an entire year (without any purchase obligation) and you get a welcome kit from me which includes everything you need to get started on your oil journey along with lifelong guidance and education from me. Are you ready to jump in at a way good price?
Do you want to learn more about daily uses for your essential oils?
Come hang out with me and get your oil education on! On our Facebook page and Instagram, we not only show you how to use your essential oils and what to use them for, but we also have roller blends, diffuser recipes, tips and tricks and a whole lot of other stuff! Come say hi!
And while it’s still FREE FIFTY FREE for a limited time, you definitely want to get exclusive lifetime access to our Essential Oil Resource Library!Yes! I want access to your FREE Essential Oil Resource Library!
Articles you also may enjoy: