Did you know that Manuka was once considered a pesky weed to the New Zealand natives? It was not until the amazing properties that come from the Manuka honey were discovered that it was considered a valuable plant. However, it eventually became apparent that sustaining a steady supply of this honey was not realistic. That is when Manuka’s Essential Oil was more seriously considered.
Manuka is sourced from New Zealand where the Manuka tree’s invasive nature has recently been appreciated. The benefits of this remarkable oil are many
This oil is steam distilled from the branches and leaves, giving it a rich, spicy, and herbaceous aroma.
It can be used topically and aromatically. Dilute for the sensitive or young skin. Manuka essential oil is not recommended for internal use and should not be used in that manner.
Did you know that Litsea has been used by the indigenous people of Taiwan and has a rich, long history of traditional uses? From the properties that support your physical health to emotional well-being, cleaning, and antioxidant support, this oil is an excellent choice for daily use!
Litsea is sourced from East Asia from the litsea cubeba, an evergreen tree or shrub belonging to the Lauraceae family. This oil is steam distilled from the fruit, giving it a citrusy, sweet, fruity aroma and has three main constituents, Limonene, Geranial, and Neral. The last two make Litsea a perfect choice to use as a surface disinfectant.
Litsea can be used topically, aromatically, and internally. Dilute for the sensitive or young skin.
One of the amazing benefits that Manuka and Litsea essential oils provide is purifying and clarifying skin support!
Here’s how these oils can benefit your skin:
- Support for healthy skin – Manuka can reduce appearances of blemishes, scars, or occasional acne. Gently rub one drop directly on the area of concern. Dilute with a carrier oil if needed.
- Support for rough, itchy, dry, or bleeding areas on the skin – Combine one drop of Manuka, one drop Litsea, and one drop of Frankincense with coconut oil, unscented lotion, or a topical cream of choice. Apply liberally. Great during the dry winter months!
- Support for aging skin – Use both topically to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to rejuvenate the skin. Combine with your daily moisturizer.
- Support for stretched skin – Apply both topically to areas where skin occasionally stretches.
- Support for blemished skin – Apply Litsea with your daily facial cleanser to help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
Both Manuka and Litsea essential oil support a healthy respiratory system? Here are some great recipes to help you do just that!
CLEAR BREATHING DIFFUSER RECIPE
This recipe can be used topically over the chest and on bottoms of feet as well. If you are using the Manuka Touch roller, apply to above areas. Then layer the Litsea and Frankincense on top of the spots where Manuka was applied.
CLEAR CHEST roller bottle recipe (10 ml)
- 5 drops Litsea essential oil
- 3 drops Cardamom essential oil
- 2 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops Peppermint essential oil
Combine in a 10 ml roller bottle, top with fractionated coconut oil. Apply to chest and back, also bottoms of feet.
CLEAR THE COUGH roller bottle recipe (10 ml)
Combine in a 10 ml roller bottle, and top with fractionated coconut oil. Apply to chest and back, also bottoms of feet. If you are using the Manuka Touch roller bottle, apply to above areas, then layer the Lemon and Eucalyptus essential oil on top of the spots where Manuka was applied.
Manuka and Litsea essential oils are also both wonderful oils to support your immune system. To enjoy this benefit for yourself, give the following recipes a try.
WALL-BUILDER immunity support roller bottle recipe (10 ml)
BYE BYE ICKIES roller bottle recipe (10 ml)
- 2 drops Manuka essential oil
- 2 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 4 drops Litsea essential oil
- 4 drops Protective Blend
POLLEN PULVERIZER roller bottle recipe (10 ml)
- 2 drops MANUKA Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 3 drops Respiratory Blend
- 2 drops Litsea Essential Oil
For all the blends above: combine in a 10 ml roller bottle, and top with fractionated coconut oil. Apply along the spine and bottoms of feet daily. If you are using the Manuka Touch, apply to above areas, then layer the Frankincense and Protective Blend essential oils on top of the spots where the Manuka was applied.
Manuka offers important support for binding up wounds and soothing troubled hearts. Who can benefit from using Manuka for emotional support? Those who are feeling:
When feeling any of these, you can diffuse Manuka or apply topically over your heart, on the crown of your head, forehead, or base of your spine. You can also add to a spray bottle and mist around your home. Using Manuka will also help to promote feelings of comfort, healing, being loved and upheld, gratitude, and safety.
Use of Litsea can support the need to focus the will and is helpful in encouraging you to follow through on your inspiration and promptings. It invites you to have the confidence to act during times of decision. You could benefit from using Litsea for emotional support if you are feeling:
- Fear of rejection.
- Seeking or relying on others for confirmation.
- Blocked or limited.
When feeling any of these, you can diffuse Litsea or apply topically on forehead, temples, or nape of your neck. Using Litsea will also help to promote feelings of inspiration, clarity, openness, and intuition.
Let’s get moving
If you are heading for a workout or doing any sort of physical activity, consider applying topically and massaging a drop or two of Manuka or Litsea (or both) to joints or muscles that are prone to achiness. You can even use these two essential oils when daily activities cause you to feel a little stiff in your movements.
Combining Manuka and Litsea with any of the following oils and massaging them into areas of concern can promote a soothing and comforting feeling to your body, while also providing an uplifting, invigorating feeling of energy.
- Massage Blend
- Douglas Fir
- Black Pepper
Additional benefits of Manuka
While Manuka and Litsea essential oils can support your body in many similar ways, they also have benefits that are unique to each other.
There are a number of reasons to love your Manuka essential oil for its individuality.
- Apply topically to soothe areas of bee stings or bug bites.
- Apply topically to soothe against sunburn
- Add a few drops to your shampoo to promote a healthy scalp and relieve dryness.
- Diffuse or apply topically to promote relief of stress in your body, circulatory system, or the environment.
- Apply topically daily to boost your courage.
- Apply topically during a massage.
- Combine with Bergamot or Peppermint Essential Oils for refreshing motivation.
- Apply topically to bottoms of feet or over the abdomen to support a healthy urinary tract.
- Promote a healthy body temperature by applying to the bottoms of feet, back of the neck, or along the forehead.
- Soothe your digestive tract after eating something spicy by applying topically.
Additional benefits of Litsea
Now that you know how great Manuka is, let’s discuss the uniqueness of Litsea. There are quite a few reasons to love your Litsea Essential Oil.
- Combine with Vetiver Essential Oil and diffuse for a restful night of good sleep.
- Apply topically or diffuse to alleviate the effects of or discomfort associated with, movement inside of a vehicle.
- Apply topically or diffuse to help promote clear thinking and lift the “foggy brain” feeling.
- Use daily during the seasons where your emotions are bluer.
- Add one to three drops to your water as a gentle detoxifier.
- Apply to the abdomen to stimulate digestion.
- Alleviate feelings of fatigue by using topically, internally, or aromatically.
- Apply topically to smooth areas of concern where the skin is not smooth.
- Use topically for any who struggle with healthy feet and foot odor.
- Use on surfaces with water to cleanse the area and freshen the air.
- When experiencing anxious feelings, add one or two drops into a glass of water to help soothe and calm the senses.
- Achieve feelings of balance and tranquility by combining with Frankincense, Lavender, Sandalwood, or the Grounding Blend Essential Oils.
- Use as a natural bug repellant.
- Apply topically to the abdomen to help soothe discomfort during a woman’s monthly changes.
There are many benefits to having both Litsea and Manuka essential oils in your life. They work together and individually to help you achieve the healthier version of you that you may be reaching for; or if you are already there, to help you stay there! I want you to feel empowered to have these natural tools ready to go when the moment arises, whatever the situation.
Come hang out me on my informative and fun facebook page or contact me for a free customized consultation either via video chat, phone or email, go shopping for your oils or sign up for our fun and informative newsletter below!