Back to school
When children are headed back to school, you will often see parents perusing the aisles for school supplies, checking off their list:
BUT: what about preparing a child’s MIND and BODY for school time?
Learning is such an invaluable part of each of our lives. Continually rewarding for students and teachers alike. Unfortunately, the pressures of the workload can build up and take their toll on the teacher, the student, and even their families. And the school environment is often a magnet for attracting germs.
SCHOOL TIME BENEFITS OF ESSENTIAL OILS
- Support a healthy immune system
- Promote mental alertness
- Support healthy cell function
- Increase energy
- Sharpen focus
- Lessen anxious feelings
- Reduce tension
Kids nutrient and vitamin pack
Preparing a child’s body for the school day’s challenges starts with proper nutrition.
Inspired by the Vitality Pack, these two products come together, making it easy for kids to enjoy taking omega-3s, whole food nutrients, vitamins, and minerals in convenient liquid and chewable forms.
Kids love these supplements because they taste great; adults love them because they are easy to swallow.
CHILDREN’S CHEWABLE TABLETS
- Safe for any age 4 or older who prefer a chewable to capsules.
- Easy to chew.
- Great strawberry flavor.
- No high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors.
- Contains a superfood blend that helps support overall health and wellness.
- Combining a blend of B vitamins with a blend of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as botanical extracts, supports healthy cell development and longevity when taken daily.
- Formulated with our proprietary Cellular Vitality Complex.
- A balanced blend of essential vitamins including the antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E, and a cellular energy complex of B vitamins.*
- Includes a blend of bioavailable minerals including calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, and manganese.
Specially formulated to be used daily with IQ Mega as a comprehensive dietary supplement foundation for a lifetime of vitality and wellness.
OMEGA 3 SUPPLEMENT
- Promotes cardiovascular health.
- Supports healthy joint function and comfort.
- Provides important modulating nutrients for healthy immune function.
- Protects against lipid oxidation and supports healthy function of the brain.
- Promotes healthy skin.
- Delivers 1,000 mg of pure, concentrated, molecularly-filtered, and completely deodorized marine lipids with 600 mg of EPA and 400 mg of DHA per daily serving.
- Formulated with CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Wild Orange Essential Oil.
- Specifically formulated to use daily with children’s chewable as a comprehensive dietary supplement foundation for a lifetime of vitality and wellness.
They grow up so fast, don’t they? As children develop, their bodies go through a multitude of changes. Essential oils can help in a variety of areas to make sure your child has the support he needs during development.
- Brain development
- Exercise and Activities
Cellular complex (DDR prime) is a proprietary blend of essential oils that help protect the body against oxidative stress to cellular DNA. The Essential Oils in the Cellular Complex provide antioxidant protection and support a healthy response to cellular stressors.
When our body is experiencing cellular damage from free radicals, our body’s immune system is lowered. Using Cellular Complex Essential Oil blend is important for your long-term wellness.
- Supports healthy cellular integrity.*
- Pairs well with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a soothing topical massage.
- Add one to two drops to citrus drinks, tea, or water and consume daily to protect the body and cells from oxidative stress.*
- Provides important antioxidant benefits.*
- Combine with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a soothing topical massage.
- Dilute and apply to the bottom of the feet to support a healthy immune system.
- Dilute and apply to the base of the skull and up the spine to support healthy brain and nerve function.
Bring life into Balance
This is the perfect start for everyone’s day! The warm, woody aroma of the grounding blend creates a sense of calm and well-being, security, and inner strength. It makes it great support for emotional development, as well as promoting sleep, where the majority of development takes place.
Spruce, one of the oils in grounding blend, was used by Native Americans for health and spiritual reasons. It is still used today to bring harmony to the mind and body. Ho Wood, Blue Tansy, and Blue Chamomile can ease anxious feelings. Frankincense can provide a grounding, balancing effect on emotions.
- Promotes a whole body sense of relaxation.
- May help ease anxious feelings.
- Evokes feelings of tranquility and balance.
- Diffuse with Lavender or Calming Blend to soothe away feelings of irritability and promote sleep.
- Use topically over the solar plexus and the bottom of the feet to bring a sense of tranquility.
- Use topically with a massage to promote whole-body relaxation.
- Combine with Lavender or Calming Blend in a spray bottle to create a natural room spray.
Calm your squirrel!
A child having a hard time sitting still during school time can disrupt learning for others. Theycan often find himself in trouble with their teacher. A child who also struggles with settling down to sleep can be cranky in the morning and be too tired to learn at school.
The Serenity oil blend has a calming and relaxing aroma that soothes the soul, providing a safe haven from life’s daily stressors. The essential oils in this must-have blend were meticulously chosen to lessen feelings of tension, calm emotions, and leave a peaceful feeling.
Serenity is the perfect blend to diffuse at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep, to calm a restless child, or to help reduce the worry and stress so many of us feel.
The Serenity blend combines the soothing scents of Lavender, Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, and Ylang Ylang with the warming aromas of Hawaiian Sandalwood and Vanilla Bean to create a prized essential oil blend that every home, family, and individual needs, perhaps especially during school time!
- Creates a perfect escape with its calming, renewing fragrance.
- Promotes relaxation and a restful sleeping environment.
- Diffuses into a subtle aroma, ideal for relaxation.
- Lessens feelings of tension and calms emotions.
- Dilute and apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime to help wind down before going to sleep.
- Add 1 – 2 drops to Epsom salts and put into a warm bath to create a peaceful, renewing aroma.
- Diffuse to help promote relaxation and decrease stress. Blends well with Grounding Blend, Cedarwood, and Vetiver.
- Apply to an aromatherapy necklace or scarf to help reduce anxious feelings throughout the day.
- Add a drop to about 2 tsp. all natural Hand and Body Lotion and use during a massage to promote relaxation.
Bedtime pillow spray recipe
- 4 oz glass spray bottle
- 10 drops CALMING BLEND
- 1 tbsp. witch hazel
Whether your child struggles with focus, attention, mental clarity, or needs help to calm the body, essential oils are an amazing support for them during school days.
In a classroom learning environment, you may need to get creative in supporting your child with essential oils. Some schools allow kids to keep essential oil rollers with the school nurse, to have on hand and apply when the child needs help.
For a less distracting or interrupting option, try diffuser necklaces and bracelets. Choose from clay beads or pendants, essential oil inhalers, or even metal necklace charms with small pads inside. Just add a drop every day, and have your child inhale as needed.
If school rules won’t allow your child to use oils topically during the school day, consider adding essential oils to your morning routine. Applying the needed oil in a diluted roller to the bottom of your child’s feet in the car on the way to school, and on the way home, is a great way to support the body and is so easy to do.
Brainpower diffuser blend:
1 drop Frankincense
2 drops Rosemary
1 drop Peppermint
Attention and focus
No matter your age, staying focused on the task at hand is sometimes difficult. This is especially critical during the formative years when learning and growing create habits and a foundation for life. Essential oils empower people to recognize their struggle and do something about it in a natural way.
We have several essential oils that can enhance and sustain focus while promoting healthy thought processes. The oils that support focus are Vetiver, Cedarwood, Lemon, Lime, Frankincense, and InTune, our Focus blend.
The InTune Focus blend is perfect for staying on task when you are trying to study or concentrate. This study-time blend of Amyris, Patchouli, Frankincense, Lime, Ylang Ylang, Hawaiian Sandalwood, and Roman Chamomile comes in a ready to use roller so you can use it whenever you need support.
- Enhances and sustains a sense of focus.
- Supports efforts of those who have difficulty paying attention and staying on task.
- Study-time blend.
- Apply to the temples and back of the neck when doing tasks that require concentration.
- Apply to wrists or back of hands and inhale deeply to promote a sense of clarity.
- Use at work to stay on task or when feeling tired mid-afternoon.
- Dispense on a clay pendant and place on a desk or in other key areas in a classroom.
Succeeding in school can be very stressful. But often, it is the social pressures of school that worry kids the most.
Will I fit in?
How will I make new friends?
Will I be accepted and liked?
While essential oils won’t magically make your child the most popular kid in school, they can support the body and mind in combating negative emotions with positive ones.
The best essential oils to support your child socially are Encouraging blend, Uplifting blend, Reassuring blend, Inspiring blend, Renewing blend, Grounding blend, Joyful blend, Lemon, Invigorating blend, and Spearmint.
The Reassuring blend of floral and mint essential oils is a positive reminder that you don’t have to be perfect to find peace. Slow down, take a deep breath, and reconnect in a composed, collected way.
Whatever may be happening in life, a few drops of Peace Reassuring blend can help you and your child slow down and focus on what’s important. This blend features Vetiver Root, Lavender Flower, Ylang Ylang Flower, Frankincense Resin, Clary Sage Flower, Marjoram Leaf, Labdanum Leaf/Stalk, Spearmint Herb.
- Promotes feelings of peace, reassurance, and contentment.
- Counteracts anxious and fearful emotions.
- When experiencing anxious feelings, apply one drop to hands, rub together, and inhale deeply.
- Diffuse or inhale before taking a test, presenting to a large group, or in times of worry or distress.
- To calm an upset or restless child, apply to bottoms of feet.
- Diffuse at night time to promote a calming environment and restful sleep.
Keep calm and get motivated
Is your child feeling frustrated at school or maybe she is experiencing setbacks in spite of her best efforts? Is there a lack of confidence or maybe even a somewhat cynical view of life in the classroom?
If so, then it’s time stop, reset, and restart with Encouraging blend. This blend of mint and citrus essential oils will help unleash creative energy and embolden your child with the courage they need to meet the challenges of school time. Encourage kids to know that they can do it!
This blend features Peppermint Plant, Clementine Peel, Coriander Seed, Basil Herb, Yuzu Peel, Melissa Leaf, Rosemary Leaf, and Vanilla Bean.
- Promotes feelings of confidence, courage, and belief.
- Counteracts negative emotions of doubt, pessimism, and cynicism.
- Apply to shirt collar before giving a speech to instill feelings of confidence.
- Diffuse when working on a project at work or school to stay motivated.
- Apply to pulse points before participating in sporting events or other competitions.
There are many, many more ways to support our kiddos in going back to school. If you want more information or you have any questions, feel free to contact me or come to find me in our Facebook community. I’m looking forward to chatting with you!
Don’t forget to check out our roller ball kids series as well and sign up for our newsletter below!