The 7 best essential oils for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is a great time to show how you feel about the people you love. It’s also a special day to celebrate the extraordinary bond we share with our romantic partners. Love blooms best in a warm and relaxed environment, and if you are looking for a few easy ways to spark some romance and passion with your Valentine, here are the 7 best essential oils for that.
Set the mood this Valentine’s Day with these 7 essential oils for love and passion:
1. Passion blend. It’s your one-stop-shop for creating an alluring Valentine’s Day atmosphere. This blend includes all of the classics: Fractionated Coconut Oil, Cardamom Seed, Cinnamon Bark, Ginger Rhizome, Clove Bud, Sandalwood Wood, Jasmine Flower, Vanilla Bean and Damiana Leaf. A wonderfully sweet yet grounded essential oil blend made just for lovers. Guaranteed to fire up the passion with your Valentine!
2. Rose. There’s nothing that says “I love you” like roses. It is possibly the most popular essential oil used for thousands of years in a variety of cultures and even Cleopatra of Egypt was said to use it in the pursuit of passion. Its lovely floral fragrance is easily recognized and imparts a calming, relieving effect as an aphrodisiac. Unfortunately, pure rose oil is very expensive and hard to find (if you find it it’s guaranteed not pure!) but if you happen to have it, use some of that Rose magic on your Valentine!
3. Jasmine. The delicate fragrance of sweet and seductive jasmine is exquisite for lovers. Proven to increase mental alertness and arousal, its refreshing scent is loved by both men and women. Builds confidence, improves mood and boosts libido!
4. Ylang Ylang. The lightly floral aroma of Ylang Ylang is well known, and the name itself actually means “flower of flowers.” Commonly used as a base for blends and perfumes by both men and women, its fragrance is not overpowering. This essential oil has a unique ability to affect the hormones needed to build a strong sex drive. Also prized for its calming, relaxing properties.
5. Petitgrain. This essential oil is traditionally used in wedding ceremonies. With a smell like an orange blossom, it is a beloved fragrance during the Spring season. Commonly found in bridal bouquets, Neroli flowers are able to calm nervous tension and stimulate romantic feelings – perfect for a wedding night or Valentine’s Day celebration.
6. Sandalwood. Best known for its ability to create a peaceful and tranquil environment, this frequently used oil is common in perfumes and colognes. As a base note, it is able to stimulate romantic encounters and for this reason is a favorite aphrodisiac oil.
7. Clary Sage. Able to influence hormone balance, clary sage essential oil is especially helpful for those women undergoing life changes. Its effect boosts a low libido, specifically attributed to hormonal shifts.
HOW ESSENTIAL OILS BOOST YOUR SEX DRIVE
Essential oils work to increase sexual desire by triggering a response in a specific area of the brain called the limbic system. This area plays a major role in sexual arousal. This is also where brain chemicals and neurotransmitters are produced that regulate everything from your mood to your emotions and even your libido. The limbic system is uniquely stimulated by your sense of smell. Use any of these single essential oils alone or combine them to make your own personalized romantic blend for use in a sensual massage and get things fired up! Make sure you use a carrier oil and only 1-2 drops of oil because our oils are so pure and potent, a few drops is all you will need.
BONUS: HOW TO MAKE HEART-SHAPED MASSAGE BARS
If you want to share a one-of-a-kind gift with someone special in your life or you want to make this for yourself, here is recipe for DIY massage bars you can make in no time!
- 1 cup raw cocoa butter
- ½ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon Sweet Almond Oil
- 10-15 drops of Passion Blend
- 5 drops Bergamot essential oil
How to make them:
– Combine the butter and oils (besides the essential oils) in a small to medium-sized pan. Set the heat to medium/low and stir continuously until the mixture is fully melted but not runny. Do NOT boil. Set the mixture aside and allow to cool, but do NOT let the mixture to harden. Once slightly cooled, add in the essential oils. Stir until completely combined.
– Place a silicone heart mold on a baking sheet and then slowly pour the mixture into the molds. Place the silicone mold in the refrigerator to speed the cooling process. May take up to 1 hour to completely solidify.
– After you have let them harden, you can remove the heart-shaped massage bars from the mold and store them for gift-giving, or later use with your Valentine.
To use them:
Your body heat will naturally melt the combination of the butter and oil in these massage bars. Make them your companion to a sensuous Valentine’s Day with your loved one!
Happy Valentine’s Day!