Girls…. you know it right? Summer is here, humidity is here that means only one thing…we live in FRIZZ hell! No matter what you do with your hair it jumps in every direction and even the straightener is not a solution in this weather!
Well, here is a solution, a homemade hot oil treatment that will relax your hair. Ladies, I have done this, twice, and the results are ah-mah-zing! Get ready for some serious hair pampering!
- 2 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut oil
- 6 drops of Peppermint
- 3 drops Rosemary
- 2 drops Melaleuca
- 2 teaspoons jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1–2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce to low heat and keep water on a simmer.
- Place all ingredients, but essential oils in a heat-proof bowl and place in the pot of simmering water. Let the oil heat up and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove oil from heat. You want the oil nice and warm, but not boiling hot. Add essential oils. Tip: Make sure to cover your shoulders in case of oil staining.
- Dip your fingertips into the oil and gently massage the oil from scalp to the ends. When all the oil is used, cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Shampoo your hair. Tip: You may need to shampoo your hair twice; using a conditioner is optional.
Tip: For best results, add a hot damp towel over the shower cap. Leave it on for 30 minutes.
Click HERE to get your oils for this treatment.
Let me know in the comments how it turns out girls!
Come hang out with me on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter below!