News from the 2016 doTERRA One Convention
September 15, 16 and 17, 2016, Salt Lake City, Utah. This was my very first doTERRA convention. I spent a week in Salt Lake City. Sunday and Monday were spent exploring the beautiful mountains. Fall had set in and the colors were so vibrant and beautiful. We drove the Alpine Loop en walked around Silver Lake. We drove endless little roads through the mountains and ended up and beautiful waterfalls. The scenery and views are absolutely breathtaking and these days were well spent enjoying all the beauty Salt Lake City has to offer.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, we spent the day visiting all the stores and vendors. We visited the doTERRA mother ship along with the Aromatools and Oil Life stores. Then we went downtown to the convention center and explored all the vendors available there that were set up in the surrounding hotels. These are vendors that besides cool swag, also sell tools that we use in our business. From glass bottles to bottle stickers to table banners to information sheets and books. It was shopping heaven and we splurged in these stores so badly we blew our budget out of the water!
On Wednesday morning we went to the convention early for registration. The convention was split up in two different arenas. The Vivint arena and the Salt Palace. 30.000 Wellness Advocates attended the convention so they had to split it up in 2 different venues. The Vivint arena had 18.000 people and the Salt Palace had 12.000, and I can tell you that was plenty!
After registration, we stood in line for the doTERRA swag store to open. This is a store where they sell all sorts of doTERRA specific items that you can only get at the convention. Multiply Black Friday craziness by 100 and that should be very close to accurately describing what it was like when the doors opened. It was nuts and when I say nuts, I mean crazy nuts. People were elbowing themselves through the crowds, pulling products off the shelves and throwing things into the crowds. They hauled in new boxes full of products only to have grabbing hands empty the boxes out in a matter of seconds. When I finally stood in line, I needed a minute to catch my breath and cool down. They are not kidding when they tell you to bring an extra suitcase. I bought so much stuff I had to send 3 packages home AND buy an extra suitcase!
On Thursday the actual convention started and it was amazing. We were with 12.000 people in one room and it was a party! We had so many speakers, from the founders to wellness advocates, to scientists and motivational speakers. New products were released and new things were introduced. We were educated about the importance of sourcing. We learned more about doTERRA’s awesome Healing Hands foundation and all the amazing work they do around the world. It was incredibly inspiring and motivating. Below is a panorama picture of the Salt Palace with 12.000 enthusiastic people in it.
The convention also had a separate hall with a product showcase. This is where you can find and sample every product doTERRA has to offer including the new products that were released. There were educational videos running about the importance of co-impact sourcing and this was also the place where you could pick up your convention kit, that included all new products that were released.
All in all, it was a fantastic convention! We got to spend a lot of time with our amazing team and we’re looking forward to next year! In the coming weeks I will be posting about all the new and amazing products that have been released, but for now, here is a recap of everything that happened at the convention.
Thursday, September 15
- New US Shipping RatesStarting October 1, 2016 SurePost will be $3.99 (2–5 days), and UPS Ground will be $6.99 (2–3 days). Please note that UPS 2-day shipping will remain $11.99 and UPS next-day shipping will remain $24.99.
- Melissa and Roman Chamomile essential oilsWe have limited sources for Melissa and Roman Chamomile currently being distilled that will be available for purchase December 1 for a limited time. There will be a restriction of two bottles of each per account.
- Healing Hands ProjectsWe’ve had a total of 49 projects since the start of the doTERRA Healing Hands Foundation™. Current initiatives include: a school built in Somalia for 300 children, two earthquake-proof schools built in Nepal, and vocational training and certificates are being made available to underprivileged communities. Clean water projects are also continuing in Haiti for a community of about 3,200. Finally, a mobile medical clinic has opened in Madagascar serving about 900 people.
- 23 New Products! Available for purchase in the US on October 3, 2016.
- Spikenard essential oil
- Petitgrain essential oil
- doTERRA® SPA Line: Moisturizing Bath Bar, Refreshing Body Wash, Detoxifying Mud Mask, Exfoliating Body Scrub, Replenishing Body Butter, 3 Moisturizing Lip Balms, fragrance-free Hand & Body Lotion, Citrus Bliss® Hand Lotion, and Rose Lotion.
- PB Assist® Jr
- doTERRA a2z Chewable™ now available in watermelon flavor.
- doTERRA Serenity Restful Complex™ Softgels
- Updated: doTERRA Serenity® Restful Blend.
- Emotional Aromatherapy™ Touch Kit
Friday, September 16
- Source to You site is launched This new site gives information about the entire process of creating the purest, most potent, and effective oils on earth. Also, in an update available in November 2016, this website will enable users to search lot numbers for the chemical breakdown and purity of the oils.
- Factual UpdatesWe source 100-plus different essential oils from 40-plus countries around the world.
There are an estimated 18,400-plus jobs supported by our Co-Impact Sourcing® initiatives.
Our Healing Hands foundation has contributed donations of 3.5 million to benefit Co-Impact Sourcing communities.
- Current Research and Development Projects
- The Oil & Genome Project: We have been experimenting on how the essential oils affect the entire genome. Findings will be published when the project is complete.
- Rather than working with a brokerage house, we administer 11 additional tests to maintain the quality and purity of our essential oils.
Saturday, September 17
- New Amplify AppSharing doTERRA on social media is now made easy. Amplify, an app by Hootsuite®, is a content library of ready-made doTERRA posts for you to use on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Use it in conjunction with Hootsuite to edit and schedule posts for up to a month or more in advance.Price: $14.99 for the year. Purchase it through your back office, and then download the Amplify app to your phone. You won’t be able to access the content until you purchase the app. Please allow 48 hours to be added to the system before attempting to set up your password. Further information and training on the app will be available on the doTERRA Business blog Wednesday, September 21.
- Daily Drop App UpdatesThere is now a new Share this Drop feature for social media sharing. In October 2016, there will also be a new setting to view all videos on app. A Determine Your Mood option will also be added where you can select what you are feeling and receive product suggestions and application tips for maximum benefits. Suggestions for the app can be sent to email@example.com.
- Wholesale Customer Account available starting September 20A Wholesale Customer will not need a social security number or government ID. The enrollment fee, renewal fee, and product discount are now the same as a Wellness Advocate, but a customer cannot have a downline or build a business until they upgrade their account. Wellness Customers will still count towards the Power of 3 bonus.
We had a total blast! Team EMPOWER hopes to greet you at the convention next year!